Welcome to our 100th episode of Your Money & Your Life! Today we’re taking a nostalgic look back at the past five years, from personal milestones to macro-economic events, such as the fluctuating real estate market and interest rates. We even rewind to some previous episodes, examining how our predictions on technology’s role in investment strategies held up, and discussing the unforeseen impact of COVID-19 on our lives and finances.
As we journey forward, we delve into the future of the economy, discussing rising inflation, national debt, the importance of strategic retirement planning, and more. We also explore the value of Roth IRAs and talk about the power of timeless investing principles.
Whether you’re a long-time listener or a new joiner, thank you for being here! We hope you enjoy the episode.
Here’s some of what we discuss in this episode:
- Don and Marc reflect on the past five years + podcast episodes from the beginning of the show. [0:43]
- The podcast during COVID-19 + Don’s role as an advisor during that time. [8:26]
- The impact of inflation in 2023. [14:54]
- The slight easing of inflation + The Debt-To-GDP ratio. [18:43]
- The importance of following time-tested planning principles and not making emotional financial decisions. [23:26]
If you have any questions about what we discussed in this episode, please reach out and we’d be happy to provide answers.