In today’s episode, we’re going to dive into the pressing issues of the U.S. debt ceiling and Federal Reserve rate hikes. We’ll begin by unraveling the concept of the federal debt ceiling, examining its history, and shedding light on the federal government’s current and prospective spending plans. Ultimately, we’ll discuss what all the recent buzz on this topic might mean for investors and whether there is cause for alarm.
Join us today as we uncover the significance of historical cycles and their tendency to repeat themselves. Don will emphasize the importance of portfolio diversification and offer valuable insights on the need to maintain composure in the face of exaggerated and sensationalized news reports
Here’s some of what we discuss in this episode:
- Should we be concerned about the debt ceiling conversations in America? [2:21]
- What exactly is the debt ceiling? [4:36]
- What happens if the debt ceiling isn’t raised? [7:42]
- Looking back at recent interest rate raises in comparison to today. [14:57]
- So, what should investors do? [18:00]
- What is the issue with higher bank rates? [20:50]
- History repeats itself and diversification is important. [22:05]
If you have any questions about what we discussed in this episode, please reach out and we’d be happy to provide answers.