Join us for a two-part episode where we unpack our 2023 edition of key year-end planning strategies for those nearing or embracing their retirement years. With the holidays right around the corner, it is the perfect time of year for these conversations. Listen in as we cover a range of topics, from IRA and 401k contribution limits to Roth IRA conversions and charitable giving options.
To kick off this discussion, Don will share an interesting article that he found about online scammers that are posing as airline customer service employees on social media. Don and Marc discuss a few ways to protect yourself from such scams before diving into some financial considerations as the year comes to a close. Don’t miss part two for even more year-end financial planning tips!
Here’s some of what we discuss in this episode:
- Medicare open enrollment, Social Security COLA changes for 2024 + and the new Medicare Part B premium
- Changes to the Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) age
- Making qualified charitable distributions (QCDs) from IRAs and their benefits in reducing taxable income
- What are the contribution limits for retirement accounts like 401(k)s and IRAs?
- Initiating financial decisions early to avoid potential year-end complications
Wall Street Journal Article: